In general, you have the option of deleting recipients manually:
- In the contact overview, click on the pencil icon to the right of the corresponding recipient to edit the contact.
- Set the email status to Unknown and click on Save. This means that if the contact signs up at a later date, they will have to go through the double opt-in process again. If you do not change the status, the contact will get back their old email status if they sign up.
- Select the contact and start the action "Delete contact(s)".
- Then type "delete" in the input field - this will ensure that you do not accidentally delete contacts.
- Click on "Continue" to finish the action.
If you want to delete addresses that you use for your tests (e.g. to log in again with this address to check the functionality of your campaign), set the status of the contact to "unknown" and then delete it.
Why you need to change the status first: When a contact is deleted from Quentn, the system remembers the status of the email address (using an anonymous hash value). If the contact registers again, it immediately receives its old status back. If this status is "unknown", the contact will also receive opt-in emails again.
This measure serves to protect us against fraud: If someone has unsubscribed or reported spam, for example, the admin of the system should not be able to change this status again - not even by deleting and re-creating the contact.