Calendly is an online scheduling tool.
If you want to respond to appointment entries in Quentn, you must connect Calendly and Quentn with the help of Zapier. For this, you will need at least a Quentn Basic account.
This article contains the following topics (click on them to jump to the corresponding place):
Connection via Zapier
Step 1: Create contact field with the type "Date" in Quentn
If you want to transfer data with or without time to Quentn, e.g. to update opportunities in the sales stage and to keep track of the appointments, you first need a contact field with the type "Date". Proceed as follows:
- In the menu, click on Contacts -> Contact Fields and then on Add new field.
- Give the field a title. Under Description you can make notes.
- Determine the field "Date", then determine whether it is a date with or without time.
- Click next to save your field.
Step 2: Create Zap and configure a trigger
Log into the Zapier website and create a new Zap. Select Calendly as the trigger and also select which event you want to react to. Then connect your Calendly account and follow the instructions in Zapier to finish configuring the trigger.
Step 3: Create or update contact
Select Quentn as the action app and choose the action "Create or update contact".
Step 4: Connect Zap to Quentn
Now connect Quentn with Zapier under "Connect account". A new window will open when clicked on, where you can connect your Zap with your Quentn account. There are two values that you need to inform Zapier of: the API URL and the API key. You can find both values in your Quentn account under My account -> API info -> Zapier API. (Instructions here) Copy both values into the corresponding fields in Zapier and follow the further instructions.
Step 5: Select fields
After you have selected your Quentn host in Zapier, you will come to "Set up Quentn contact". Here you can transfer the data from the appointment tool. Two things are important here: Primary email and your recently created Contact field with the type "Date".
Click on "Continue" and "Finish", then name your Zap and publish it.
Only respond to registration
Step 5: Create tag (optional)
Go to Quentn and create a new tag. You can do that under the menu item Contact tags. Click on the button "Add tag" and name it, e.g "Appointment consultation".
Step 6: Select fields
Now return to Zapier. After you have selected your host, you will come to "Set up Quentn contact". Here you can transfer the data from the appointment tool. Two things are important: Primary email and Add tags.
Click on "Primary email" which is to the right of the list icon, and select the email address.
In "Add tags", choose the tag which you have just created.
Click on "Continue" and "Finish", name your Zap and publish it.
Step 7: Create a campaign in Quentn
Create a new campaign in Quentn and drag the event element "Tag changed" to the Campaign Builder. After double-clicking on the element, enter the new tag "Appointment consultation" (or the name of the tag you just created). The campaign will start for those who receive the new tag.
Now connect the email confirmation element with the previous element so that your new contacts can complete the double opt-in process. Contacts who are already in your database will automatically skip the element, so that they don't need to confirm their email again.
You can then start a sequence. Of course, the campaign will not work until you have published it.
If you want to know how to be notified when an appointment is entered, how to send the contact an appointment reminder or how to assign the date to an opportunity, read a use case here.
Connection via Integrately
- As soon as you have logged into Integrately, you can enter the first system (Calendly in our example) in the search bar and click on it.
- Then click on the pulsating plus sign.
- Search for "Quentn" and click on it.
- Click on "activate" to set up the workflow.
- Connect Calendly as described in the help video in Integrately next to the step.
- Then connect Quentn as described in the help video in Integrately next to the step.
- Now assign the fields to be transferred.
- Scroll down a little and be sure to assign a tag that you want the contacts to receive. This step is required so that you can start a campaign automatically in Quentn.
- Test and publish the workflow.
- Create a campaign in Quentn that starts with the event element "Tag(s) changed".
Connect via Make (formerly Integromat)
- Set up Trigger Calendly
- Create a new scenario in Make.
- Add the module "Calendly" and select what to react to. In this case: Watch Responses
- Enter the webhook you find in your Calendly account and follow the further instructions.
- Action: Send to Quentn
- Add the module "Quentn" and select what should happen. In this case: Create or Update Contact
- Select your account at Connection.
- When using it for the first time, first click on "Add" again.
- A small window opens. Enter another name for the connection and click on "continue".
- Another Quentn window opens. Here you can select the system to be connected.
- Now define the fields that are to be transferred.
- Under "Terms" you will see all the tags that you have created in your Quentn system. If necessary, select the tag you want the contacts to receive.
- Click OK.
- In Quentn, start your campaign with the event element "Tag(s) changed".