This article contains the following topics (click on them to jump to the corresponding place):
- Connection to Quentn
- Create campaign in Quentn
- Fill out the form in advance
If you use Elementor Pro, you can send contacts from Elementor forms to your Quentntn account - even tag them. In the Elementor forms themselves, you can use all the contact fields you have created in Quentn. The only requirement is that you have activated the Quentn WordPress plugin and connected the plugin to Quentn.
The advantages of the connection:
- You can use forms from Elementor, making it even easier to stay true to your website design - without compromise.
- No copy & paste of code snippets is necessary. This saves your both your time and is far less stressful.
- You do not need to adjust any further settings - just install the plugins and get started.
Connection to Quentn
How to do so:
- Create a page in WordPress and edit it with Elementor.
- The Elementor widgets are displayed on the left-hand side. Under "Pro" you will find the widget "Form", which you drag & drop onto the page. The settings will now appear on the left.
- Customise your form as you wish by adding and labeling the desired fields under "Form fields".
- Click on the menu item "Action after sending" and add "Quentn". Now the menu "Quentn" is also displayed.
- Here you can now add tags and assign the fields.
- Save and publish the page.
Just click in the field. A dropdown menu with all your Quentn tags will open. Select the desired tags.
Under "Field assignment", all form fields that you have just created in the form are displayed again. You can now determine which fields should be transferred to Quentn by assigning the fields.
For example: First Name -> First Name, Last Name -> Family Name, E-Mail -> Primary E-Mail, etc...
Salutation and title
In order to transmit the correct salutation or title, you must pay attention to the spelling in the options of the form field. This is as follows:
- Mr|m or Ms|f for salutation
- Dr.|dr or Prof.|prof for the title
Forwarding to thank you page
By default, Elementor displays a short confirmation message after you enter the form. If you want the user to be redirected to a separate thank you page, follow these steps:
- Open the Form settings (click on the form in the editor).
- Select the tab Actions after sending.
- Add the option Forward.
- Now a new Forward tab appears. Now enter the URL of your thank you page here.
To better protect yourself from spam bots, you can activate flood protection. This prevents many addresses from registering from the same IP address within a short period of time (1 hour). By default, 5 address entries per hour are allowed.
If you enter 0 here, the flood protection is deactivated.
If this function is activated, we compare the IP address of the person making the entry with a spam database and delete the contact if it is conspicuous.
Create campaign in Quentn
Create a new campaign in Quentn and drag the event element "Tag changed" to the Campaign Builder. After double-clicking on the element, enter the new tag "Participant survey". The campaign will now start for all those who have received the tag.
Now connect the element Email Confirmation with the previous element so that your new contacts complete the double opt-in. Contacts who are already in your database will automatically skip the element, so they do not need to confirm their email again.
You can then start a sequence. Of course, the campaign will not work until you have published it.
Fill out the form in advance
If you send known visitors - i.e. contacts who are already in your Quentn system - to your Elementor form (e.g. about a campaign), you can automatically pre-fill the form so that the contact only needs to add information.
To pre-fill a form, you first need the link to the page where the form is located. You insert this link into your campaign email.
Now you have to add the URL parameters to the link.
Add a question mark at the end of the URL and specify which fields should contain which information. Use the placeholders (found in the editor under [T]) to help you enter the exact names. To specify multiple fields, apply them between the parameters. Do not use spaces!
For example, in our form we ask for the first name, last name and email. This data should also be created in Quentn. The URL to the form with the default data looks like this:
If you send the link, the form will be pre-filled for known visitors.
A cookie is also immediately inserted so that the form is pre-filled if the visitor comes back to the site by another route.
Hide & pre-fill form fields
To enable multi-device tracking, you can hide form fields in Elementor but still transmit the information.
- To do this, create the appropriate fields in the form (e.g. the affiliate ID) and select the type "Hidden".
- Then click on "Advanced" and select "Request Parameter" as the default value.
- Click on "Request Parameter" again and a small pop-up will open.
- Select "Get" for the type.
- Under "Parameter Name", enter the name of the parameter (e.g. Affiliate ID) so that the correct parameter can also be read out in the URL and inserted into the field.