According to Section 5 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), it is obligatory for commercial websites and commercial e-mails to include an e-mail imprint in the e-mail signature - a link to the imprint is not sufficient.
What should be included in the e-mail signature?
Companies with a commercial register entry:
- Company name
- Designation of legal form
- Place of business registration court and number of entry in the commercial register
- GmbH: indication of the managing director and, if available, the full name of the chairman of the supervisory board
- AG: indication of all members of the executive board and the chairman of the supervisory board and identification of the chairman of the executive board
Companies without entry in the commercial register:
- First and last name of the shareholder(s).
- in the case of partnerships under civil law, this addition or the abbreviation GbR
- address for service of the company or the entrepreneur
- Business name may include