Temporarily blocked contacts permanently blocked
If an e-mail address triggers a so-called soft bounce (e.g. "Mailbox full"), this address receives the status "Temporarily blocked". This status is reset the first time after 72 hours. With each new temporary blocking, this period is extended by up to 75 days. After five temporary blocks, the email address is blocked permanently.
If you suddenly have an increased number of permanently blocked e-mail addresses, this may be because "dead" addresses were written to in the last 5 months and have now been permanently blocked. Think of the process as list cleansing.
Non-verified sender domain
An unverified sender domain results in a lower delivery rate. For this reason, we offer all customers a free verification. You can find out how to do this here.
Poor spam score
The following factors influence the score:
- the number of mails sent by the company
- how many recipients have marked the company's mails as spam
- how often the service provider has marked the mails as spam
- if the company is on various blacklists
- how often the mails cannot be delivered, e.g. because they were sent to unknown users
- how many recipients open, reply to, forward or delete the email or click on links in the email
- how many recipients unsubscribe from the list
- what content you use in your emails
How do I get a good score?
Maintain your address list. Quentn supports you in obtaining a good score. The addresses where the emails were undeliverable are automatically (temporarily) blocked. This way you avoid sending repeatedly to inactive addresses.
Make your emails interesting. This may sound strange to you - but the recipient's behaviour has a significant influence on your score. If he does not open your e-mail or only opens it briefly, this has a negative effect on you. So: Give him incentives to interact with you.
Write high-quality e-mails with a serious subject and content that provides real added value for the recipient.
Avoid typical spam triggers like:
- Repetitions and recurring characters, for example "+++", "===" or "###",
- Words with CAPITAL LETTERS
- Pack punctuation marks, for example "!!!", "???"
- Numbers with series of zeros, for example "10.000" or "10 000".
- Identical text passages, for example more than two "Click here now" links
- More than 2 blank lines / paragraphs between the body and signature of your mail
Another very effective measure is to offer your recipients user whitelisting.
This means that the recipient adds your Quentn sender email address to their address book or list of desired contacts.
If you follow these points, nothing stands in the way of a positive email sender reputation and your emails are guaranteed to land in your contacts' inboxes.