With a newsletter, one-time relevant information is sent to all subscribers (or a specific target group) at the same time.
Newsletters live from their content! The sale is not necessarily in the foreground. The goal is to maintain customer loyalty through presence and to increase traffic and awareness through links.
A newsletter is suitable when sending:
- Press releases or company news
- Product announcements
- event notices
- user-related advice
- new (blog) articles or expert contributions
...is an e-mail sequence that pursues previously defined goals. These goals can be, for example, that a link should be clicked or a product should be purchased. Depending on how the recipient acts, the mailing "responds" automatically.
Mailings have a single informational purpose and are suitable for conveying a complex topic to the recipient in small bites, for example, or for directing the recipient to purchase a product.
For a mailing, the content of the e-mail sequences only needs to be created once, after which there is no need to worry about it.
Mailings are most usefully applied here:
- Greeting new subscribers
- Surveys, recommendations, information
- (personalized) discount offers
Advantages of mailings
- much more personal than newsletters - not only in the salutation, but also through the content
great time and cost savings with an enormous reach
- significantly higher opening and click-through rates; the recipient has already dealt with the topic and may even be expecting an e-mail from you.