With the Quentn landing pages, you can also implement video tracking. This means you can find out whether and how long known visitors have watched a video of yours. However, this requires a few steps and a Quentn Pro account.
Step 1: Create a landing page
- Go to the desired campaign and create a landing page on which you then want to embed the video.
- Copy the URL.
Step 2: Create domain
- In Quentn, go to the menu item "Web events" and "All domains" (preferably in a new tab).
- Click on "Create domain".
- Enter the URL and edit it as follows:
- Remove the page title at the back (everything after the com/ ).
- Remove the https:// in front
- Save and then copy the tracking code.
Step 3: Include tracking code
- Go back to your campaign and open the landing page element.
- Scroll down to the page settings.
- Enter the tracking code you just copied into the header.
Step 4: Integrate video
- Drag the "Video" block to the desired location on your landing page.
- Click on "Add video URL".
- Enter the link to the video.
- Copy the URL from the page.
- Save the landing page.
- Publish the campaign.
Step 5: Track video view for the first time
- Enter the URL you just copied for your landing page into the browser.
- Open the page.
- Click again in the URL bar and append the following parameter:
?email@example.com (a real e-mail address can be entered here, but it does not have to be).
- Let the video run briefly.
This step is necessary so that the video has been captured once and therefore appears in the video selection.
Step 6: Create event
- In your Quentn account, go to "Web events" and "Trigger event".
- Click on the button "Create trigger".
- Give the event a title.
- Select "Contact watches video" as the event type and click on "Next".
- Now the video is displayed. Please select it by clicking on it and determine from when to react.
Step 7: Finish the campaign
- Re-open the campaign in which you created the website.
- Drag the event element "Analytics Event" into the campaign and configure it accordingly - so that you react to the viewing of the video.
- Then finish your campaign and publish it again so that the new features are also adopted.