In this example, we will demonstrate how to proceed if you want to be notified as soon as someone makes an appointment with you via Calendly.
Create a contact field
- First create a contact field of the type "Date". Go to Contacts -> Contact fields and click on the green button "Add contact field".
- Click on "Next" and now determine exactly whether it is a date with or without time - as a rule it will be a date WITH time.
- Click on "Finish".
- Now create a corresponding tag for the people who have made an appointment (we will need this later).
- To do this, click on Contacts -> Tags and then on the button "Add tag".
- Name the tag (e.g. Appointment made).
Set up Calendly
Log in to your Calendly account and set up your availability.
Create a Zap in Zapier
- Log in to Zapier and create a new Zap.
- Select Calendly for "Connect this app...". Calendly, and "with this one!" Quentn. For "When this happens..." select "Invitee Created", for "then do this!" select "Create or Update Contact". So: As soon as an appointment has been created, the contact is created or updated in Quentn.
- Now connect Calendly to Zapier by entering the appropriate API data in the pop-up that opens. Follow the further instructions.
- Once you have arrived at the Quentn app setup, connect Quentn to Zapier and then assign the fields: email address, name(s), phone number, appointment and, very importantly, the tag we created in step 2.
- Once you have completed your Zap, publish the Zap.
Note: The connection can of course also be made via another interface tool such as make (former integromat) or Integrately. You just have to make sure to assign a tag in the workflow to which you respond in the campaign.
Create a campaign in Quentn
Create a new campaign in Quentn and drag the event element "Tag changed" into the Campaign Builder. After double-clicking on the element, enter the new tag "Appointment made". The campaign will thus start for all people who have received the tag.
Notification before the appointment starts
If you want to be notified shortly before the appointment, connect a sequence with the event element "Tag(s) changed". In this sequence, set a date timer and select the date type "Date from contact field". Determine which contact field is meant and then specify how much earlier you want to be notified - in our example 30 minutes before the start.
Now connect the action element "Notify user" to the sequence. Open it with a double click and determine what the title of the notification should be, whether the notification should be sent via e-mail or browser notification and to which users it should be sent.
Appointment Confirmation and Appointment Reminder to Contact
If you now want to send the contacts, for example, an appointment confirmation via e-mail and/or remind the contacts shortly before the appointment, now connect the e-mail confirmation element with the previous element so that your new contacts complete the double opt-in.
ATTENTION: Unfortunately, the double opt-in from Calendly is not transferred to Quentn. The contacts therefore come to Quentn with the email status "unknown" and cannot be contacted, so a double opt-in via Quentn is unavoidable. To avoid the contacts having to complete a DOI several times, we recommend that you do without the DOI in Calendly and process it via Quentn. Contacts who are already in your database automatically skip the element, so they do not have to confirm their email again.
You can then start a sequence.
To simply confirm the appointment, compose a corresponding e-mail and use a placeholder for the appointment (you can find this in the classic editor under [T] for "Add Token" or in the drag & drop editor under "Add Placeholder").
To send a reminder to the contact before the appointment, please use the "Date Timer" element. Select "Date from contact field" under "Date type" and define the contact field that was created for this purpose. Now you can set how much time before the appointment the contact should be reminded.
After you have saved these settings, compose your reminder email.
Assign date field to an opportunity
Of course, you can also assign the date to an opportunity right away.
To do this, connect the action element "Change stage" with the event element "Tag(s) changed".
Configure the element by selecting the stage and the contact field.